Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Not Blogging Fast Enough!

I've got the lyrics from "Reptilia," a song by The Strokes, racing through my thoughts - "You're not driving fast enough!". Apparently, I have not managed to keep going fast enough, only the verb sounds more like "blogging."

A digression on E' ...Yes, that last sentence sounded a bit more awkward than it needed to, but I write under the heavy-handed, forbidding auspices of E-prime, which makes most writing feel more difficult than it otherwise should, what with all our reliance on the "to be" verbs. (I even felt uncomfortable writing, "over-reliant as we've become on the 'to be' verbs," since many of the 'be-(something)' verbs tend to come from corruptions and abbreviations of phrasings involving 'to be' conjugations. 'Become' seems to have derived from 'come to be' so I try to avoid it as I do the 'to be's.' I don't worry about it quite as much, but these verbs, seemingly derived from the 'be's,' do make me feel queasy!)

I keep meaning to get back up to speed, crafting at least one post a day, but I've struggled with form and structure. Also, this approach didn't keep me to the "[take] one day at a time" standard (the ideas of the A.A. organizations have a lot to teach all of us, even though many of us don't travel in its circles--its 12-step programs and other spiritual advice can heal many of us traumatized by the effects of all sorts of things, including, but certainly not limited to, alcohol, in our wearying milieu). So I will start posting more often, and creatively, about a whole mish-mash of ideas at first, until I come up with better ways to care and tend for this blog. I will keep you posted on that process itself, as well as much more. My apologies, then, if anything seems too distended and disconnected for a while yet. I feel gleeful to have the ability to share with a small but precious audience that can derive meaning from whatever plaguing thoughts with which I preoccupy myself, and the more I share, the more I'll find a coherent and cohesive way to convey those ideas. Until tomorrow!

No comments: